Poems

by - October 15, 2008


Dark

Darkness falls, my worst memories
flood back
yet, the good linger,
the bus ride, all intoxicated by
the very hour, lights, and cold air
laughing
your cell phone the
sense of amusement,
Still, bad rush too,
filling the crevasses of
my mind
darkness
The day you threatened to
Leave
The thought of living
without you
I wish to gaze upon your face again,
if even for a moment,
your grin, lasts only seconds yet,
never fails to send me down the spiral,
swirling though
the rain, fog, sleet, hate, and
Sunshine
Your smile is Sunshine
In the rain, Breaking
the mourning
and bringing
joy
K.H. 2008

Reflections

I look into the mirror
and see the quiet
person I am.
My friends don't really know me
never really will
Reflections don't quite
show all you feel
Reflections
It's been years,
grown up, living,
life is beautiful
you're right next to
my side looking
through the glass of the door
Reflections
I stand by the lake
your question hangs
unanswered
I see it, my reflection
and in it I glimpse
a small child, then
a young lady, finally
flashing to the
answer
that will change
my life
forever
Reflections
I'm no longer what
I used to be, children
screaming, baby's
wailing, yet you
still see through
me and my reflection
and see the diamonds
beneath the
surface
K.H. 2008

Answers

I thought I knew, knew every word,
I talked it through to myself, reasoning
Yet something nagged, unanswered, unwavering,
I pleaded, begged, "help"
What am I supposed to do?
Asked I, "how?","what?"
Answers come,
Relief sweeps through
K.H. 2008

You May Also Like

0 comments