School and Tell

by - August 22, 2009

So, the first three days of school are finally over! I'm actually happy with my teachers and the subjects that I have. Seventh grade was horrible because the curriculum wasn't something that I could really enjoy learning. Social Studies was my own personal torment. If you've ever had to ask me directions then you will know that I have absolutely no sense of direction. I could tell how to get to Walmart, but I'm sure that I couldn't tell you how to get home.

Anyway, I don't have geography in Social Studies this year, so I'm happy about that. Instead of looking at maps of resources, I get U.S. History. This is one subject that I really love. What we learn from history can make our future. What makes me mad is that a good amount of this generation says, "Why do we have to learn about people who lived 100 years ago?" It makes me want to give them a lecture about the dangers of ignoring some of the biggest mistakes in history, because they might make the same ones.

On a happier note, I finished another really good book. Thanks to Sis. B for Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson. If you talk to her soon, will you tell her that I liked it? Oh, and I'm really excited to talk to you about it! Hattie's someone who I'd like to be. Even when things got hard, she never gave up and wallowed in self pity, she got up and did what she had to do.

Well, that's all from up here in the upper 49th.

You May Also Like

1 comments