Adventures in Europe (Day 3)

by - August 04, 2010


August 4, 2010
Today we went to Verona, Italy. First, the Coliseum! It was amazing to see the huge theater and imagine the Romans that watched the Gladiator fights there. We got lots of pictures, but right now the wifi is a bit touchy, so I won't risk uploading them right now.

So this is the town that I was really looking forward to! The city where Romeo met Juliet (or as the Italians say, Romeo and Giulietta). I saw the balcony and the statue of Juliet! (People touch her breast for good luck....I didn't. Yuck!) It was packed in the square, but now I can say that I've seen her house. There's a plaque right below the balcony that has the lines from the play.
But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
We had pasta for dinner! It was really good! Okay, well time for bed and a movie (but not necessarily in that order...)

You May Also Like

2 comments