Adventures in Europe (Day 1)

by - August 02, 2010



August 2, 2010
Bamberg, Germany
Okay, so it was Sunday morning and I was ready to go! After saying goodbye to Dad and saying a family prayer, Mom and the boys dropped us off at the airport. It's so sweet how many hugs I got in the space of two or three minutes. I think they might miss me...:)

It was between 2:00pm and 3:00pm when we took off (on Sunday still) and the plane was pretty packed. All thanks to high oil prices and budget costs! They really pack those suckers now.

Now the rest is pretty blurred. I ran through the audio track that they have programmed into the armrest about four times, read 220+ pages of my book, and watched bits and pieces of Pirates of the Caribbean (#3 also know as At Worlds End, which I don't particularly enjoy. That's why I only watched bits and pieces. Just thought you should know...moving on) Eight hours later we landed in Germany!

After taking a shuttle and getting through customs we almost missed the 11:00am (now Monday) bus to Bamberg, the town where Aunt Lizzy lives. The next bus would have left at 2:00pm so it was a good thing we made it! I slept for most of the three hour bus ride and by the time we got there, we had to pick up Lizzy's dogs.

So all in all, it's been a very long day with a lot of sitting. It's also the first time in my life that I've ever pulled an all-nighter. But now I'm full of German take-out (pizza, pasta, potatoes, salad, and something Jayden ordered...it was really good, but I don't remember what it's called right now) and now that bed upstairs is looking pretty good.

Auf Wiedersehen!

You May Also Like

3 comments