Christ Died for You

by - October 17, 2016


This week, the scriptures provided me mostly with comfort and reassurance. Being engaged is harder than I ever would have thought, and I don't always feel as if I live up to what Heavenly Father expects of me. Sometimes I make choices because I am tired or emotional that I normally would not make. Then, I end up feeling guilty and really want to be better.

I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ, which allows me to be better. Satan tries so hard to convince me in these moments that the bad choices are who I am. But it's not true. Losing my temper or acting in a way contrary to my divine nature does not mean that I am that person. So, Satan is wrong.

This week, Mosiah 14:3-5 really helped me reflect on the atonement. It is the passage from Isaiah.

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

For me, these scriptures teach principles of love. Christ loved us enough to suffer an indescribable amount of emotional, physical, and spiritual pain so that we could be "healed" as Isaiah says. I want to remember that this gift I have been given is amazing and can truly heal me and make me into a stronger, better daughter of God.

It can make you a better Child of God too. Knowing what Christ did for you changes everything in your life by making you aware of the immense amount of love that He has for you. I hope that knowing that helps you through your week. Remember that you were loved enough that the Savior gave his life for you. Always remember that.

You May Also Like

0 comments