Deceive Me Not

by - December 08, 2016



Get thee hence, Satan; deceive me not; for God said unto me: Thou art after the similitude of mine Only Begotten.
Moses 1:16 

As we close the semester, I have been pondering my identity. I have been thinking about who I truly am. Cameron tells me all the time that I am too hard on myself, but I haven't quite believed him until this week.

I was reading in Moses when I came across the scripture listed above. Satan is trying so hard to convince Moses that he is not a Son of God. Satan wants Moses to believe the lies about himself, not the truth. But I love Moses' example here. When he finally comes to a knowledge of the truth, despite what Satan is trying to tell him, he boldly demands that Satan leave. And not only that, but he also says "Deceive me not". It was this phrase that stood out the most to me.

The principle I learned was that Satan will try to convince us of lies about ourselves. He will try to tell us that we are not loved by God, that we can't withstand temptation, that we aren't made in the image of our God, and that we aren't good enough.

I know that I am loved by God. I can withstand temptation. I am made in the image of my Heavenly Mother and Father. I am good enough. And so are you. God loves you, and He is patient with your mistakes and sins. That's the very reason why he provided a Savior.

We have to be strong and remember these truths. We also need to have the courage to say, "Get thee hence, Satan." We need to rely on the infinite atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, so that we can be strong enough to fight this dishonesty in our lives.

I love you all. God loves you too. Be strong and remember that He is on your side.

You May Also Like

0 comments