We Will Never Walk Alone

by - September 04, 2016


I am excited to begin studying the Book of Mormon again in more detail and depth. Right now is probably one of the most pivotal and stressful times in my life. I am making life-altering decisions and choosing fundamental paths that will surely impact not only my Earthly life, but also my eternal progression.

This week especially I have been faced with one of the most important decisions I will ever make. So, in an effort to gain an added measure of the spirit, I went to the temple to do service there. While I was there, I had the opportunity to sit in the Celestial Room. I picked up a Book of Mormon and turned to one of my favorite verses.

"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."
1 Nephi 4:6

Although I didn't feel the rush of new insight that you sometimes receive when reading the scriptures, I did feel a deep sense of comfort from the words that Nephi wrote to me. This scripture was one of comfort and direction in my life. The principle that it teaches is one that has guided me this week. We may not always receive clear answers when we seek personal revelation from God. In fact, He often asks us to walk forward without knowing exactly what we should do. Like Nephi, I was not entirely sure what I should do. But I felt that I was being led by the Spirit and I knew that the path I was on was one where Heavenly Father would direct me.

Just like Nephi, you and I can both know that in times of darkness and confusion--when we don't know what to do and the path seems unclear before us--that the Spirit will direct us. All we have to do is live worthy of it's influence and we will never walk alone.

You May Also Like

0 comments