I will Rejoice in the Lord

by - September 18, 2016




So here's the thing. I've been so crazy stressed at the moment. I have to maintain good grades in school so that I can keep my scholarship. I have to get in hours at work and work hard so that our research project is successful. I have to try to keep my head above water with stress and depression. And I want to enjoy planning my wedding to the most wonderful man I know. So, I've had to make some tough choices about what it is that I want to put as a priority in my life. With all the stress, some of the only comfort that I have had is from Cameron and from the scriptures. This week it was in 2 Nephi 4: 19-30.

"Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard...Why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions...Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation."

To me, this means a lot because it speaks to my spirit and tells me that everything is going to be okay. There is an important principle to be learned, which is that God is in charge and that he is all powerful. He cares about our lives and will help and strengthen us in our trials and challenges. We will have challenges, but he cares and he is there for me. And for you too. 

Remember this week as trials bear down on you and your heart gets heavy that things are going to be okay. You have God on your side and he loves you. Though our strength may "slacken", God's will not. He's got us, safe and sound.

You May Also Like

0 comments