Becoming More Like Christ

by - November 18, 2016


"And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying: Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world."
3 Nephi 11:9-10


This week I was blessed to be able to read the most amazing chapters of the Book of Mormon -- when Jesus comes to his people in the Americas. As I read this quote from 3 Nephi, of Jesus declaring to the people who He is, I felt the Spirit strongly fill my heart with peace. I knew from the overwhelming feeling in my body that Jesus is my Savior and that He died for me. He died for my sins, my sorrow, my pain, my heartache, and my doubt.

He knows what all of those feelings are, and He understands them perfectly. I needed this reassurance this week. I have been feeling really happy, but it has taken a lot of effort. I needed to know that Christ understood what I was going through.

One principle that I love from these scriptures is that Christ, and Christlike people, reach out to others. Jesus "stretched forth his hand" and he spoke to the people. Jesus knew that by reaching out to these people He was giving them the opportunity for peace. We cannot offer what Christ can, but when we reach out to others, we are offering them friendship, love, and an opportunity to come to their Savior. I know that as we reach out, we are practicing a Christlike attribute. If you will reach out to those around you, you will be blessed.

You May Also Like

0 comments