Letting Christ Make Us Eternal

by - November 27, 2016



"And when the disciples had come with bread and wine, he took of the bread and brake and blessed it; and he gave unto the disciples and commanded that they should eat."
3 Nephi 18: 3

This week I learned a lot about this scripture. I love that the disciples brought the bread to Jesus and that he made it into something more than just bread.

Isn't that something that He does for us all the time? He takes something perishable and makes it eternal. It works with the sacrament, with tithing, and with our own lives. 

I am far from perfect. In fact, I am very perishable. I've felt that way this week. My body has ached, my emotions have fluctuated. It has been hard to just keep everything okay, let alone good.

The thing is, I forgot that my Savior can take this mortal body and make it eternal. He can take this stripling spirit and make it strong and powerful. He can take my life and turn it into something sacred and consecrated. But I have to offer it in the first place.

He couldn't have blessed the bread if the disciples had never given it to Him.

To me, this means peace. It means growth, knowledge, happiness, hardship, stretching, grace, and love. It means that my Heavenly Father and Mother know me and that they love me. They love helping me grow into the person they know I will be someday. 

I know that Christ can make you whole too. I know that He can touch your life in ways that will change it from perishable to immortal and eternal. You just have to let Him. You have to offer up your heart as a sacrifice to Him.

I promise that if you do, He will change it from something beautiful and imperfect to an amazing, powerful, burning source of truth and light for you. It won't be easy to give up, but you will be so blessed if you do. 

You May Also Like

0 comments