Finding Joy

by - November 12, 2016



This week in my reading I focused on the scripture 3 Nephi 4:33 -
"And their hearts were swollen with joy, unto the gushing out of many tears, because of the great goodness of God in delivering them out of the hands of their enemies; and they knew it was because of their repentance and their humility that they had been delivered from an everlasting destruction."

I have been trying really hard lately to be happy and not so weighed down by the world. This scripture provided a lot of comfort this week because it gave me a formula, almost a reverse formula. You start at the end of the verse and move forward.

I learned that if I focus on repenting and being humble, Heavenly Father will help deliver me. This is a principle of truth. I know because I feel the spirit testify to me of its truthfulness.

As I work on humility and repentance I will be able to be happy. It might not be immediate, but eventually, my heart will also be swollen with joy and I will cry tears of happiness instead of sorrow. I know that as you do the same, you will be able to find joy in your life as well.

You May Also Like

0 comments